Saturday, July 6, 2013

Random

These are more random pics from The Drowsy Chapperone that i forgot to put on here. Enjoy! So glad that show is up... ugh! 

I should have taken some before pictures of this dress, because it was horrendously wonderful. It had a high neck with a huge padded clown-type collar, and long sleeves, with a GIANT bow on the butt and a ruffle that went all the way around at the waist. 


Now it's just normal and looks really classy. 


This is a Katfan thing that i built (from the back). I even added a great tassel (what's more 20's than tassels?)


Fabric from an indian shop in London. 


I had to make a makeshift drape holder from a fabric roll tube and a hanger. I ended up adding little ruched sleeves to the dress. 


The back.

My busy notebook.


More dresing gown



The cape ultimately was cut, which is what i was vying for all along. 


The trumpet sleeves.


Look at how even that hem is! Magic hemmed chiffon circle skirt... delightful.


I made my own chiffon bias and bound the neck and the front edges. It turned out to be the perfect finish. 


1 comment:

  1. This is all GORGEOUS!!!!! Your work is impeccable as always!

    ReplyDelete