Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pinterest Projects for the ADD in You

Ok, so we all know that sewing is my passion, but it's also a little bit of a compulsion. I think my compulsive sewing stems from being a little bit ADD and not being able to sit still, or work on projects for very long. I like projects that i can do QUICKLY. When i'm home at night relaxing, i like to do projects that i can do in less than an hour. It helps me to unwind and relax, while feeling kind of productive. Some of my favorite projects i have found on Pinterest. I have a link to my Pinterest on the top of my blog. If you go to my "projects ideas and inspiration" board you can find links to many of the things i have tried, but here are links to some of the ones i have been most impressed with:

This is one of those tricks that i was reminded of when i ran into it on Pinterest. This one doesn't link to a tutorial, but its super easy. I put some in some shirts i have that like to let my bra straps show, and they are amazing! Just use some twill tape or ribbon, snaps, and a needle and thread! http://pinterest.com/pin/89790586292730649/



I think these shorts are SO cute. They are the perfect way to lengthen shorts, and adding the same fabric into the pockets helps it look intentional instead of like you just had to add length to your shorts. I would even add it to the back pockets. http://pinterest.com/pin/89790586292768434/


I love a good button-up. Some would say i have an obsession (I would say that) and button-up refashions are an idea that i adore. There are tons of ideas for them on Pinterest, but this one is especially cute and feminine. So go get a mens shirt and get to cutting! http://pinterest.com/pin/89790586292460053/


I have not used this tutorial for heating pads, but i like the seaming they did on theirs. They used lentils (weird) but i use corn feed. NOT POPPING CORN or you will have a disaster on your hands. The only thing about the corn feed is you have to buy a.. *cough 50 pound bag cough* so... do it and make gifts for everyone you've ever met. Or share a bag with a friend! Craft night! You have to get corn feed, like the mice on Cinderella steal from the chickens? Yes. Just sew up a shape whatever size you want, leaving a little hole open, fill half way with corn feed, and stitch up the end. then just pop it in the microwave and cramps be gone! and the plus? It smells like popcorn instead of the stinky rice ones. And the bonus is it doubles as an ice pack. Keep it in the freezer for instant headache relief.
http://pinterest.com/pin/89790586290308604/


And my favorite: the Bapron. The pattern is for personal use only, but make a bunch for your babies, baby showers for friends, or just make some for your cute cousins and their cute babies (what i do).
http://www.scribd.com/doc/54470577/CINO-Bapron-Tutorial
http://www.scribd.com/doc/54408904/bapron-pattern
the above link is to the free pattern (the original was free, but now she charges. this is the only place i could find it still for free.)

(All images from Pinterest) 

Now get to crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment