Friday, May 17, 2013

Easy Pillow Covers

My Aunt gave me this amazing rocking love seat when she was re-decorating.


I love it because it is so comfy, and i love free stuff. It reminds me of being at my Grandma's house, and one of the reasons it does is the amazing "old lady" floral upholstery which i do love, and it's in good shape but it's not exactly screaming to all the boys to come and marry us. More than anything it screams that the 22 and 24 year old who have it in their living room are actually 85 year old women... although honestly the candy jar and numerous house plants kind of say that too. In my efforts to "spruce-up" our cute little house i wanted something really easy. Virtually effortless, because I'm tired and i didn't want to spend the day sewing new covers. I remembered something I'd seen online.
This one i give complete credit to the Pinterest.
http://organizeyourstuffnow.com/wordpress/the-easiest-pillow-cover-ever
This is the link. Now, i realize this is a SEWING blog, and this tutorial is "no-sew" but honestly i did hand sew the knot and a couple other places because i didn't like the idea of it maybe coming undone, and we are not gentle with our pillows.


I just used two fabric scraps (and by scraps i mean... like a yard) that i had in my scrap drawer. They go with the current decor in our house and i think they turned out pretty cute for less than an hour of work! They even go nicely on the ottoman bench that i made and reupholstered. The best thing about this project is that if i get bored of them (which happens frequently) i can un-pick a couple little hand-stitched places, un-tie them, and they are back to being a (almost) yard of fabric. Done and done.  Now the "Shrewdle Shack" is lookin' pretty cute. 


(Shrewdle Shack is the name we gave our little house. Combination of the words "shrew" and "poodle". My roommate Jenessa is the former, and i am the latter... you kind of have to know us to get it) 
Go make some cute pillows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment